Hellma Standard Cuvettes/Cells
Hellma cuvettes are manufactured from various types of high quality glass. The most important criterion for the choice of a particular type of glass is the spectral range: Hellma trademark colored logos are fused onto each Hellma cuvette, thus indicating the spectral range over which the cell can be used.
There are two types of glass materials: quartz and optical glass.
Quartz consists exclusively of silicon dioxide (SiO2) and shows some remarkable properties:
- Displays a high UV transmission in highly purified synthetic quartz down to well below 200 nm
- Thermal expansion is extremely low, its coefficient of thermal expansion being 6 x 10-7K-1 between 20 °C and 300 °C.
- Very resistant to chemical and maintains its shape, even at high temperatures up to approximately 1000 °C.
Common criteria for all types of optical glass:
- Cells made from it are used in the visible range of the spectrum
- The glasses used are characterized by relatively low values of refractive index and dispersion
- Good resistance to chemicals
Hellma can offer more than 1500 different types of cuvettes design for use in absorbance, fluorescence, dye laser, reflection, turbidity, colorimetry etc measurements. Cuvettes for special applications like anaerobic condition, sealable cells, for use with magnetic stirring function, for temperature control, debubbler, flow through cells etc are also available from macro to ultra-micro volume.